duminică, 19 august 2012

For a minor reflection


‘’I’ve got an idea about something I want to write about. It’s been on my mind for some time now. It’s about a man who decides to enrol in the secret service and falls in love with an older female agent. They fall in love, but then she decides to walk away for somebody else. They had this thing; they would play Russian roulette, but with fake bullets. She liked the adrenalin rush.’’

Her heart started pounding as she was listening to him. Don’t look at him, don’t look at him was all she could think about.

‘’I’ll be leaving in a couple of weeks… Will you even miss me?’’

She was looking at the wet asphalt trying to avoid answering his question. He approached her until his head rested on her left shoulder. She put her right hand on his hand and gently caressed him. Her hands were cold and she started trembling. It wasn’t that cold outside; she just got a glimpse of his shattered hopes.

‘’It’s going to be strange not seeing you anymore and going out with you.’’

‘’You didn’t answer my question though. What do you mean by strange?’’

‘’I got used to seeing you almost every day and talking to you. I’ll miss talking to you.’’

‘’You’re still not answering my question. Let’s leave it at that.’’

She woke up with the most terrible headache. His words were pounding in her mind.  It was another ordinary day in her ordinary life.

She was resting her head on the pillow. She could feel each muscle in her body trembling as she was laying down. Even though it was August, she felt cold shivers in her body and her feet were cold as well. She was trying to empty her mind, but fragments of the entire day were playing in her mind. She was her own prisoner.  

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu